I want to give my BIGGEST thanks to Julia and Katherine at Nourish for nominating me for the Sunshine Blogger Award. Nourish posts wonderful, healthy recipes and talks openly about eating disorders. I love this mother/daughter team site and I hope everyone will check them out. I can attest that their gingerbread recipe is wonderful. Thanks again ladies!
The Sunshine Blogger Award is given to bloggers by fellow bloggers who are creative, positive, and inspiring. After receiving the nomination, the blogger has the honor of writing a post that thanks the nominator, answers some fun questions, and nominates more bloggers for the award.
Here’s what the nominees have to do:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and include a link to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions asked of you.
- Nominate other bloggers for the award and ask them 11 questions.
- Notify the nominees in the comments of one of their posts.
- Include the request and logo of the Sunshine Blogger Award in your post.
Questions from Julie and Katherine at Nourish:
- What is one positive thing that happened in 2020? From the beginning of the whole Covid situation, I decided to make the best of things. After all, why make yourself more miserable by having a negative outlook? The best thing that happened in 2020 was that my family and I got to spend a lot of quality time together. There were more game nights, walks in the neighborhood, movie nights, and conversation. We enjoyed each other and appreciated what we have.
- What are you looking forward to in the New Year? I am hoping that the New Year will at some point be more normal. I am also anxious to start in on my New Year’s resolutions. Oh yes, I’m a list maker. So resolutions are my cup of tea.
- How will you be celebrating New Year’s Eve? I will ring in the New Year with my husband, daughter, and son at home. We will play board games and drink egg nog and eat a wonderful dessert, of which I have yet to decide upon.
- Follow up to #3: are you planning on staying up until midnight on NYE? Yes! I will not be a party pooper.
- Best recipe you tried in 2020? Making homemade croissants. It felt like I was in France. Oh yum!
- Best book you read in 2020? I’m a bookworm by nature so it is hard for me to pick just one book. Lets see… I will say it was The Thoughts and Happenings of Wilfred Price Purveyor of Superior Funerals by Wendy Jones. I bought the sequel to the book before I was finished with the first. I guess that says something.
- Favorite blog post you’ve ever done? (Feel free to link it!) That would have to be Learning to Skateboard at my age? Why Not! After a less than ideal skateboarding attempt as a kid, I finally got the nerve to try it again as an adult. Read my post for the whole story!
- If you could travel anywhere (when it’s safe to, of course), where would you go? I want to go to Greece! I am a big fan of the movie Mamma Mia and I think it looks beautiful and peaceful there. It is on my bucket list.
- What is something you do take care of yourself? I try to eat a balanced diet and get to bed at a decent hour. This year I have also taken up doing Yoga daily. It has helped to heal some aches and pains, so I am a big fan of it.
- What do you hope readers get out of your blog? I hope that it offers a little something for everyone. It is an accumulation of all the things that make me me. I strive to be positive and honest and hopefully helpful.
- What is your favorite thing about blogging? I love having a blogging community where I can communicate with like minds. I enjoy being inspired by others and building blogging friendships.
Enough about me… Now for my Blogger Nominations. And the winners are…
- Creatology Blog
- Dave Bakes
- Bead Yarn Spatula
- Two Trails One Road
- Maison Bentley Style
- Maybe It’s Just Me
- Teti’s Flakes
- Silly Old Sod
- Frugal Haus Frau
- House Crazy Sarah
Here are your questions:
- What is your favorite movie of all time?
- What do you enjoy about blogging?
- How many languages do you speak and what are they?
- Where is your favorite place that you have travelled to?
- If you could invite 2 famous people to dinner (dead or alive) who would they be?
- Do you make New Year’s Resolutions?
- What is your favorite blog post?
- What book are you currently reading?
- What is your favorite recipe?
- Do you prefer cats or dogs?
- Any words of wisdom for the New Year?
As always, Happy Blogging!